3. A Note About Children We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Ambitions and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at Chris@ambitions.co.
5. Types Of Data We Collect “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
A. Information You Provide To Us We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, age, location, e-mail, school, program, work preferences, legal status, relevant work experience, personal summary, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”). We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers which can be seen by employers and Ambitions’ employees, along with any other information that you submit on Ambitions. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the service. We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
6. Use Of Your Personal Data A. General Use In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways: facilitate the creation of and completion of your profile on our site; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our site and service; provide the service; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our site and service; send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as information about pending job offers, security or support and maintenance advisories; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; send you calendar invitations; and send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our service and for other marketing purposes of Ambitions.
B. User Testimonials And Feedback We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our service. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
C. Creation Of Anonymous Data We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our service and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
B. Third Party service Providers We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the service that we offer you through our site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Ambitions. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Ambitions.
F. Public Profile Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the service, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made public, you must go to your profile settings and then to profile visibility. By default, your Profile is not for public viewing. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post to the site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
B. Cookies If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the service or all functionality of the service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
C. Changing Or Deleting Your Personal Data You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
10. Security Of Your Personal Data Ambitions is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Ambitions uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Ambitions cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Data You have a right to request access to your Personal Data and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Data to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided above. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Data in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Data of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Data.